"I’m very proud of my sister and protective of her. Solange is the one person I will fight for. Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me. I admire her, and though she’s five years younger than me, I strive to be like her. She’s so smart and secure. She’s sensitive to people’s feelings, but not afraid of what they think."
Happy National Siblings Day!
been really ungrateful about all God has blessed me with. I do know how blessed I am but when I say I’m ungrateful its in regards to my actions.
Sometimes I’m lazy with my work or I don’t make an effort to be on time. Or I complain about being tired. Whatever God has given to you he can take from you.
I have to remember that. This will be my challenge this week.
maaaaan the lengths black men have to go to to protect their pride and egos living under the pressure of this society really scare me. i hope to god i’m able to raise my son if i have one to be able to take Ls gracefully and know when to back down and understand it doesn’t make him less of a man…
periwinkle-memories asked: Name 10 things that your last relationship taught you
Wow…if I could do it all over or wanted to enter into another relationship these are things I would take from my past relationship. Some of these are in reference to it while some of them are just so important.
1. God’s presence in a relationship is important and a must
2. Your feelings are never invalid
3. Make sure what you want in the relationship is respected, heard, acknowledged, and acted upon
4. Your vision and end goal for the relationship must share the same vision and end goal as your partner or be similar
5. That I am a Queen and any man blessed with opportunity to be in my midst must see me as such, treat me as such
6. Never change who you are internally or outwardly to fit ones idea of what their ideal mate is
7. Love yourself fully before you enter into a relationship
8. He must be comfortable and proud to acknowledge you as his
9. Be with someone who recognizes what is appropriate and what is not while in a relationship
10. Be with someone who is open with their feelings, honest even if it may hurt your feelings, affectionate, and demonstrates their appreciation for you
Can I get a witness! Yes!